We're calling on you to be our citizen lobbyists for the day at ASTA Legislative Day 2018!
This ASTA member-only event takes you directly to Members of Congress to discuss issues that impact your business, work life, and even your client's travel experience. Before attending Congressional meetings pre-scheduled by ASTA, we'll prepare you with exclusive training to make sure you're a confident travel advisor advocate.
Our two-day program includes:
- A detailed overview of ASTA's legislative priorities
- Exclusive training on lobbying
- Pre-scheduled meetings on The Hill with your Members of Congress and their staff
- Networking with your peers from across the country
- Tips on following up with your elected officials.
Here's a sneak peek into the issues we'll be bringing to members of Congress in 2018. Click here for more information.
- Air Disclosures (S. 1405 ): Fight burdensome new consumer disclosures that will cost agencies nationwide almost $22.4 million per year.
- Travel Agent Retail Fairness Act (H.R. 2515 ): Fight to remove travel agencies from a U.S. Department of Labor “blacklist” so that they can benefit from the same exemption that other retail business benefit from.
- Independent Contractor Classification (H.R. 3825 ): Fight so agency owners and independent contractors have the clarity they need to avoid misclassification – and the risk of lawsuits, audits, and fines.
Take Grassroots Action with ASTA