Q: What is ASTA Destination Expo?
ASTA Destination Expo is an international destination event taking place annually in a different location every year. The event is dedicated to training of outbound U.S. travel advisor to become destination specialists in select countries.
Attendees can expect to:
- Receive first-hand destination training from local experts.
- Connect face-to-face with leading travel suppliers.
- Visit and experience the destination at an affordable price before recommending to your clients.
- Take advantage of exclusive opportunities for Pre- and Post- Educational Journeys.
Q: When/Where is ASTA Destination Expo 2020 taking place?
Destination: Dubrovnik, Croatia
Dates: December 3-6, 2020
Croatia is an emerging U.S. tourist destination. When you think of Croatia, think of small, safe, sublime, pebbles, islands, sea, countryside. The country has over a thousand islands, 8 national parks, 11 nature parks, over 6.000 km of coastline and ten World Heritage sites. From climbing sites, beautiful beaches of Dalmatia, great food of Istria, fabulous wines, islands, sailing the Adriatic, Croatia has a lot to offer your clients.
Q: When will more information be released?
We are in the beginning stages of planning out our agenda. ASTA members will receive more information as it becomes available.
Q: What is the dress code?
The dress code for events taking place during the day at ASTA Destination Expo 2020 is business casual with comfortable shoes. All sightseeing activities are casual dress with comfortable walking shoes.
Q: What’s included in my registration?
Your ASTA Destination Expo 2020 registration includes the following,
Q: What is the weather like in Dubrovnik in December?
- Special accommodation rates at our host hotel.
- Airport transfer to/from our host hotel in Dubrovnik
- Specialized half and full-day sightseeing tours in Dubrovnik
- Access to travel discounts from our airline partners
- Destination-focused training seminars
- Pre/Post Educational Journey opportunities: Experience Croatia beyond our host location with our pre-/post-Educational Journeys to some of the most unique places such as Split, Zagreb, Plitvice Lake, and more! Please note: Educational journeys are not included in the registration fee.
Dubrovnik averages a daily maximum temperature for December that's between 57- and 47-degrees Fahrenheit (13 to 8 degrees Celsius)
Q: Do I need a VISA to visit Croatia?
U.S. citizens to not need a VISA to visit Croatia.
Q: I live in the U.S., do I need a VISA to visit Croatia?
Citizens of EU countries, the U.S., Canada, Australia and New Zealand DON’T need visa for Croatia. They can travel around Croatia for up to 90 days in any 180-day period.
Citizens from other countries, please check Croatian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website for information on your visa requirements for Croatia. If you DO need a visa, please contact the Croatian Embassy in your country.
Q: I need a VISA to attend. How do I obtain a letter of invitation?
An invitation letter can be issued in support of your visa application after you have completed your ASTA Destination Expo 2020 registration.
Please provide the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Q: What is the main airport in Dubrovnik?
- Complete name
- Date of birth<
- Your address, email and telephone number
- Your ASTA membership status and ASTA membership ID
- How long you plan to stay in Croatia<
- Where you plan to stay during your stay in the Croatia
Dubrovnik airport to
city centre is 20 km/12.5 miles. The trip with a car usually takes around 20 minutes.
Q: How far is the hotel from the airport?
More information will be released once we confirm our host hotel.
Q: Where will education sessions, the trade show, and B2B sessions take place?
These activities will be taking place at our host hotel. More information will be released once we confirm our host hotel.
Q: How do I register a colleague or guest?
It is easy. To register a colleague use the 'Register Someone Else
' button. When you use this button and you need to cancel your registration, your colleague's registration will remain. To register a guest, click the 'Add a guest
' link. If you need to cancel your registration, your guest's registration will also be cancelled.
Q: Who can I contact if I have questions?
Please email email@example.com
for any event related questions.